Code of Conduct Policy
Any of the following actions by a competitor constitutes a violation of the tournament code of conduct and is subject to penalties and/or disqualification
- Unsportsmanlike conduct, including abusive language, cheating, club throwing, disrespect to
volunteers, officials or fellow competitors, or abuse of golf course property
- Not adhering to the dress code at the host golf course
- Use or association with drugs, alcohol, or smoking or chewing tobacco products
- Vandalism at the host hotel, abusive behavior to host family or property
- Conduct not becoming of a golfer, such as acting in anger or creating other distractions
- Physical abuse, threat of physical abuse, verbal abuse, slander or libel towards other players, parents, coaches, sponsors, host golf course staff or members, Northern Junior staff or volunteers in any medium
Players and spectators are welcomed and encouraged to attend the 2022 Northern Junior Championship. In order for the competition to be conducted in accordance with the Rules of Golf and for the enjoyment of all competitors, spectators and parents are asked to adhere to the following guidelines at all times:
- Spectators and parents are asked to observe the dress code policy (no jeans) and cell policy (no phone calls, texts and silent communication permitted).
- Spectators and parents are permitted to walk the course. The use of motorized carts or any other motorized vehicle by spectators is strictly prohibited without a government issued handicap placard.
- Spectators and parents are asked to stay on cart paths or in the rough (when cart paths are not accessible) and at least 30 yards away from the competitors during the play of the hole.
- Always be aware of the groups in front of and behind you.
- It is strongly suggested that spectators and parents do not communicate with players except as necessary to exchange water, food, umbrellas, rain gear, etc… Further communication with players may be perceived as advice and under the Rules of Golf, the player would be subject to penalty.
The definition of ADVICE includes:
“Any counsel or suggestion which could influence the player in determining his play, the choice of a club or method of making a stroke”
The player is responsible for the actions of his or her spectators/parents and may be subject to penalty if these guidelines are not met